Hurricane Ian Updates and Closure

wet dog

Update Thursday 9/29 3 PM:

We’ve been able to assess the Lemon St. Facility and have decided to reopen at noon tomorrow, Friday 9/30 for both daycare and boarding. As always, if you could make daycare and boarding reservations online, that will greatly help us as we work to safely bring back all our staff.


Sadly, the Pearl Ave. location is still without power, so we are uncertain when we will be reopening that facility.


In the meantime, we are opening our Lemon St. location tomorrow at noon for both daycare and boarding reservations. Any existing boarding reservations at Pearl are welcome to use the Lemon St. Location. As many of you have been cooped up with your pups all week, we are temporarily opening daycare at Lemon St. to Pearl customers until we are able to safely reopen there. Due to capacity constraints, PLEASE email Pearl@pawsnrec.com if you’d like to attend daycare at Lemon tomorrow.


For all the calls and emails wishing us the best during the last few days, we can’t thank you enough. The community at Paws ‘n’ Rec is amazing, and your love and care for animals is what keeps us going even when the wind is howling!


All the best and we can’t wait to adventure with you again soon.


Update Wednesday, 9/28 9:30AM: We’ve cleared our facilities of all dogs, and we can’t thank you enough for working with us to ensure all the animals in our care were taken home over the last two days. Our facilities are locked down through the storm, and we’ll be updating you as the weather improves toward the end of the week as to when we plan on reopening. 


Based on the latest hurricane Ian forecasts and out of an abundance of caution, we’ve decided to close Paws ‘n’ Rec until the storm passes. Once the storm has passed, we will notify you via email and social when we’re accepting daycare and boarding reservations again. Our hope is to be open again by Friday or Saturday. 



We’ve begun reaching out to all parents whose dogs are currently boarding with us. If your dog is at Paws ‘n’ Rec this week, please give us a call so we can work with you to get your dog picked up by Tuesday at 7PM.

We will not be accepting new boarding reservations until the storm passes.



If you have a daycare reservation for today, Monday, September 26th, your pup is welcome to come and get some energy out before they’re cooped up through the storm. Daycare will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, September 27th, so we can prepare the facilities for any potential flooding and ensure the safety of any dogs still in our care through the storm.


As always, our number one priority is the safety of all the pups in our care. While we’d love to weather a storm in the company of lots of dogs, we feel the safest path forward for your fur babies and our staff is to clear our facilities of all dogs. We appreciate your understanding and feel free to give us a call with any questions or concerns.


The PNR Squad